doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Clocks
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 05:23:01 pm »
Problems for me - have to get up at 2 am to go south for a  dog show - just when the clocks go back! 

But my phone automatically updates.  So didn't know what to set my alarm for.  Decided to set it for 2.05 am, plus for back up bought a cheap £5 radio alarm and set the  time back an hour and the alarm for 2 am.  My pal SHOULD arrive at 2.15 for Us to leave at 2.30 so that's back up three - I can easily dress and get THE dogs and bag in THE car in 15 minutes.

BUt what  blooming faff - why do we have to do this twice a year!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:12:59 pm »
Haw far are you travaling I thort it was onley me that travels the countrey ....eney way safe trip

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 08:20:28 pm »
Championship Dog shows - they are all in England except one at Ingliston - so I travel a lot - used to be 3 hours longer each way so very glad i moved.  Just don't like the early mornings, especially when it's complicated by time changes  :rant:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 10:04:14 pm »
" I can easily dress and get THE dogs and bag in THE car in 15 minutes."

I dont believe you  :innocent:
Sheep

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:17:04 am »
Championship Dog shows - they are all in England except one at Ingliston - so I travel a lot - used to be 3 hours longer each way so very glad i moved.  Just don't like the early mornings, especially when it's complicated by time changes  :rant:

That's not an early morning. That's a late night for me.  :roflanim:

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 04:53:28 am »
Morning all it's 5am new time, already been awake for an hour, best time of the day!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 05:02:11 am »
Morning Mojo, beat you to it , the rain woke me at 0300 , it was hammering down , coffee and a bacon sarnie was called for to compensate. :innocent:

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:49 am »
It's now heavy rain here. Travelling over to Glasgow today so that ll be a crap journey if it keeps hammering down. When arranging the trip I didn't realise it coincided with clocks changing or I would have arranged to have left earlier. My eldest son is returning home so going to pick him up. Looking forward  :excited: to him being here but give it a week and no doubt I will be  :rant:   
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 08:22:35 am »
Yes, thanks for the reminder - made me realise that my clever laptop had updated itself already... Wish my alarm clock was as clever, too!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 08:57:16 am »
I remembered but wasn't sure how to update my phone or whether it would do the updating itself - so when I woke up I checked the phone then had to get up and go into the living room to check the actual clock that isn't connected to mains, I assumed the sky box did itself too so that's the only one I trusted to know what the old time was and thus whether the new time was what I saw everywhere!

And needless to say the animals didn't adjust their demanding breakfast time so all that happened is I was out an hour "earlier" to feed them so my neighbours didn't get woken up by an hour's worth of persistent neighing and then the greeting chorus..  ::)   I bagged the hay up last night to be quicker out there too, I'm a nice neighbour really, tho they're looking out their kitchen at a mudbath already so I feel I should do what I can and I suppose I'll want to go to bed at 8pm instead of 9 now - is that embarrassingly early or what for a 48 year old  :-\
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:52 am »
So naw we need the 30th of march to come as fast as it can 2014       Its christmas for me a job needs doin in the afternoons then the lights gone not happey .

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 11:08:30 pm »
" I can easily dress and get THE dogs and bag in THE car in 15 minutes."

I dont believe you  :innocent:
Did it in 10! So there!  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS