Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I've only been and bought my wife Karen a new cooker!  (Read 2848 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
I've only been and bought my wife Karen a new cooker!
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:23:50 pm »
I've only been and bought Karen a new cooker, so no one in future should ever say that I don't know how to treat a lady properly.  :innocent: :bouquet:

You can just about make out the home grown chillies. 

Actually, my eldest bought me a Dutch oven for my birthday and then came to make me the cooking tripod last weekend. We put a beef stew in the oven just before we started pressing apples this morning and by the time we'd finished, it was cooked to perfection. Its an absolutely brilliant bit of kit and we're going to get a lot of use out of it.  :excited:
I first saw this sort of set up at Woodfest a few years ago and I've wanted one ever since.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: I've only been and bought my wife Karen a new cooker!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:45:04 pm »
Oooo, looks good. Can I come to dinner?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 04:56:37 pm »
Looks good bodger .
I made a tripod like that , but it got nicked , must make another .
I also made a spit roast set up as well , tripod for cauldron with veg in (and the kettle) , spit roast for chicken, lamb , pig etc , plus a grill with bars and a flat sheet for grilling fish and eggs , burgers etc .
Great stuff ! 5 minutes collecting fallen wood and you can cook a full roast for free , as long as some muppet doesn't nick it all !

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 05:23:28 pm »
All I need now, is to find a good heavy kettle from somewhere. :excited:  I swear that the beef stew that we did today was the best that I've ever tasted. :farmer:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:29 pm »
They do pop up on ebay , but tend to be dear .
I think all this type of gear is available in france quite cheap if you know someone who goes over there ?
Camp fire cooking does taste different , much better in fact . Ashes , fat and clean water are all you need to clean the pots and pans too .

Spinningfishwife

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »

I bought this from Lidl for £10 (reduced from £20) a couple of years back, I use it in the garden and when out camping.

(best image I can find, sorry, but if you Google Lidl Tripod Grill there are other similar ones.)

I put a fourth chain on it for stability and now I can put a big pot directly on the grill plate over the fire pit section, or grill directly on it, or I have a single section of chain with a big hook on the end for the kettle. Or use the fire pit on its own. Great piece of kit, well worth looking out for as Lidl seem to get this sort of item in most summers. You do have to put up with the jokes about where your cauldron is, of course!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:26:10 am »
I've only been and bought Karen a new cooker, so no one in future should ever say that I don't know how to treat a lady properly.  :innocent: :bouquet:

Is there no end to your kindness?  :-J

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:53 am »
And if you are ever fed up with witches' brews, you can use it for your runner beans... ;)
Like it! :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS