Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stolen sheep equipmentI hope the forum users do notmind me posting this message  (Read 2574 times)

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
I hope the forum users do not mind me posting this message here.  This is someone's livelihood
 >:(

This is a Community Message from Dorset Police, we thank you for your continued support.
A burglary occurred overnight Friday 11th October where an insecure outbuilding at a farm in the Dorchester area was entered and the following property  stolen.
Landrover Defender 90

• Registration D189 CTR  -  Green, Truck Cab c/w Ifor Williams canopy and Warn winch fixed in the rear.

Mobile Sheep Handling System
Racewell Superhandler on a trailer system (photo attached)
This race, which is mounted on a trailer is made of galvanised steel and green stock panel type material. The race lowers to the floor and when set up has the capability of weighing, reading electronic ear tags, catching for treatment and drafting sheep. It is quite unique and there are only 7 in the South of England.
Mounted on the side of the Racewell were:

• 6 x 8’ green panels with alloy frames
  • 18 x 7’ alloy hurdles
  • 1 x 6’ alloy gate
  • 1 x 3’ alloy gate
  • 1 x 3’ alloy spreader (U shaped)
  • 2 x 18” galvanized spreaders (U Shaped)
  • 1 x 18” drop-in alloy gate (drops into the spreader)
  • 2 x curved alloy panels 91 is attached to the front left of the machine
  • Assortment of pins and joiners 
Also taken were:

• Sealey Generator with Honda engine
  • Sealey Compressor
  • Air Hose Reel
  • Husqvarna Chain Saw
  • Homelite leaf blower
  • Heineger Sheep Shears 12v
  • Selection on combs and cutters for sheep shears
  • Vet and Medicine products including Dysect, Cydectin, Albenil   
  Please remember to secure outbuildings and equipment wherever possible.Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police quoting crime ref 42879.
Thank You

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Im Sure no-one will mind, we're all in this together, I'd say well done for spreading the word.
(if it was up to me they'd have their hand lopped off and NO incapacity benefits).
(Gets me SO ANGRY that people just help themselves to things other people have worked hard for!)

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
...and a timely reminder to us all to ensure that we keep all our equipment locked up securely when not in use!  Unfortunately there are far too many nasty people out there ready to take things if they aren't nailed down. :(

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
So sorry to hear that, its happening up here and they are stealing sheep too ! >:(

firther

• Joined Mar 2013
  • holmfirth, west yorkshire
problem is even when there caught they only get a small fine or community service(which they don't attend)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS