Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: geese & turkeys for sale in Fife  (Read 2764 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
geese & turkeys for sale in Fife
« on: October 24, 2013, 11:04:05 pm »
I have three pairs of white embden geese for sale this year's birds £40 a pair, Also half a dozen white commercial turkeys this year's birds £20 a bird, all ready to be fattened for Christmas if that's what you want.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

greensleaves

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Fife
Re: geese & turkeys for sale in Fife
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:46:50 am »
Hi Im interested in a turkey for Christmas, I have a few hens free ranging at the moment - just for eggs. Wondering if they are used to chickens and if itd be ok to house them together for the short time from now till Xmas in your opinion or would I need to keep them in seperate lodgings at night. .  Could you let me know if you have a female turkeys as that might work better .  . Many thanks Linda Knott, cupar

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:04:06 am »
You can't keep turkeys and chickens together. The turkeys would die. They catch Black head (or something like that its called) from the chickens. I don't think you can even put them on ground that chickens have recently been on. Not sure what it is but you can give them something to stop the problem.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »
Yes blackhead could be a problem so I would not keep chickens & young turkeys together I keep mine separated. So obviously I recommend that you do the same and if you were able to keep them separated I would not like to sell you a single turkey as I would like it to have company for welfare reasons. I much appreciate your truthfulness as I hope you respect mine. If you can work something out let me know cheers.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS