Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wow what a storm  (Read 3072 times)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
Wow what a storm
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
We had a mega electrial storm last night, the lightning was just fantastic. Trouble is i have a very storm- shy collie who virtually turned herself inside out. She's now fast asleep in her basket having spent a good part of the night jumping up to the top of the door trying to find a way out.
We are also trying to put a farm track in at the moment .... not sure it's going to be there any more after last night :'(

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: Wow what a storm
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:54 am »
my kids live in Hampshire and said the same thing, they said the lightning was spectacular ,
its a shame when the pets get scared, my lad (dog) loves it , it must be something to do with the shot gun bangs

hope the track is still in place  :fc:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:54:43 am »
I bet some one has captured it on film, poor dog, some dogs get very upset with thunderstorms, hope you found your track! :fc:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:27 am »
i have a friend over the water on the isle of wight and he posted some cool footage of the lightening to facebook.

was very spectacular!!!

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:02:35 am »
My grandparents once had a border collie that was also scared of thunderstorms.  During one storm she got out, ran up the lane to the neighbouring house and scratched on their front door.  When the chap opened the door Bess ran up his stairs and hid under his bed!  The problem was that he had white carpets and she was long haired and absolutely filthy dirty and wet.  The chap was very understanding about it though.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »
Aw bless her!! mine is just terrified but my other collie dog is cool about them doesn't bother him at all

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »
If I do manage to sleep thru an over night thunder storm the I am alerted to it by a puddle on the floor !! Our Westie won't use the dog flap when we have a storm but then they do seem to go on for hours some nights.
I think you may have more heading north from France  - had 2 today !!!  Our drains backed up today so they come with a lot of rain  :(
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:10 pm »
It looks like we got off light ......I slept like a baby ....... woke up twice during the night crying , full of wind and wet  :roflanim:

I noticed this early afternoon that we had a wheelbarrow full to the brim with rain water , it was empty yesterday morning.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:33:52 pm »
According to Facebook, Rugby training was still on. b*****ks to that, says I.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS