Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: One of our driving ponies  (Read 5314 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
One of our driving ponies
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »
We went to a big agricultural show on Saturday.  Lovely weather and lots to see .....cows, sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, oh, and I fell in love with a litter of piglets!!

Did the driving class with one of our Dales ponies, Molly.  She got 3rd rosette, and won us £15 prize money too!!

I took a pic of her and Rick my OH

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: One of our driving ponies
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:14:16 am »
Oh, she's so lovely.  Only one real regret in my life - that I never got round to having my own pony/horse.  never seemed to have the money and the time to spend on them at the same time.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:40:28 am »
What a lovely picture, what make of carriage is that  :)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:09:33 pm »
The carriage is one that we use every day -we entered the exercise class.  Its called a Hillam.  We like it so much, we have two!!  The other is slightly posher.  They can adjust to be pulled by a pony from 13.2hh up to 15.hh.  you can get a 4 wheeler version, which then splits to make a two wheeler like the one in the pic.  We use ours out on the road, going round cones, up rough tracks......have had it years, and cannot fault it!!

rustyme

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 03:39:07 pm »
http://www.hillamvehicles.com/index.html

nice stuff at good prices.....

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 04:37:25 pm »
They also make and sell farm machinery too.  The good thing is that the owners, do actually drive carriage ponies, so they will have a very good idea of what makes a good carriage, and I do think they are reasonably priced compared to a lot of brands.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:50:06 am »
What a beautiful animal - should have got 1st, she is well turned out and has a lovely long tail

Julie

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:10:13 pm »
Superb picture :horse:
My OH are not really horse people but we do have a horse mad daughter. She's living away from home at the moment and we've copped for looking after her horses. I do some of my best thinking when I'm out in the fields poo picking. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS