Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Priorities in life  (Read 3260 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Priorities in life
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45:38 am »
Every time I hear the news my heart goes out to them, her youngest 9 year old is very sensitive, she was depressed when a girl at school died and blamed herself, not sure how she will cope, at least they are a very close and supportive family, my daughters work is at home too as she has her laboratory, that's going to make interesting flames?? but every one will suffer grief and loss....but community spirit will lift people, the outlook is not good :'(
Just read this post from NSW fire department Main points from the 4:05 briefing -
 * Despite the very best efforts of firefighters and the community, and despite our best hopes, the forecast for tomorrow is about as bad as it gets.
 * There are no mass evacuations but if you don't need to be in the fire affected areas, don't be there.
 * Do not leave your decisions to the last minute.
 * Do not wait for the fire truck to be on your back doorstep before taking action....
 * Do not think a fire won't happen to you.
 * Do not wait for a phone call, text message or knock on the door.
 * Do not expect a fire truck.
 * If your plan is to leave, leave early - such as early in the morning. Follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:32:48 am by happygolucky »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »
Its 6 in the morning down under and time to leave the house to  mother nature.......I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, cannot think of much but at least they have each other......they may or may not come back to their home but they have to leave NOW!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 09:52:10 pm »
It's sounds like the authorities know what they are doing. It must be hard to leave your home behind but at least they are safe.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 09:57:58 pm »
Problems all round I fear.....not a great night for all of us!  the fear would be grid lock on the road, the fire is coming down the road out of where they live but there are other roads to take

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS