Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Home Made Chicken Treats  (Read 2214 times)

loopylou

• Joined Feb 2013
  • East Lothian
Home Made Chicken Treats
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:03:12 am »
Since the dark mornings are upon us I keep my chickens and ducks in the pen (12ftx60ft) as I let them out at six and don't fancy there chances against a fox.  There is still some foliage in the pen but thinking about making some home made treats to hang around the pen to keep them interested all day.  Has anyone got a good recipe that they have used.

Many thanks.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Home Made Chicken Treats
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:14 am »
We used to hang cabbage up in the runs. Must be green cabbage as we hung a red one once and came back a few hours later to see them still standing around the edge of the run staring at it. Must have thought it was something dead!

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:18:02 pm »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nina-Ottosson-TCA-Maze-LD/dp/B005PMQUXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382008626&sr=8-1&keywords=treat+maze

My girls love these filled with corn, when they scratch on then they tip and spill some corn.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »
Apples on a string hung at head height  :thumbsup:

They look like boxers working a punchbag when eating them  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS