Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My first Confit  (Read 1563 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
My first Confit
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:25:39 pm »
This may not have been the text book version but it turned out great.

I butchered a male muscovey and put the large breasts in the freezer. I removed legs and wings from the carcass and kept the skin and parsons nose from the carcass. Left all joints and trimmed skin and fat in fridge overnight and cooked up the carcass for dog meat.
So - skin, fat ,parson's nose then joints skin down in an iron pot. Sliced garlic and lots of black pepper then covered the lot in yesterdays strained carcass stock and fat.
Heated to near boiling point then in a slow cooker overnight ( 8 hours). meat looks and felt great and I now have a bucket of fat to start the next "confit".
I have a few ducks to do but I am thinking that I may try and confit some pork in the duck fat too.
Anyone tried storring confit duck legs under a plug of fat?
Also - any advice about re-using duck fat to cook subsequent cuts at 90 C ? I am thinking that I can keep using and adding to the duck fat with each confit, keep in a fridge and use again until this batch of ducks are all processed. Any thought?
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS