Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Power steering has just gone  (Read 3608 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Power steering has just gone
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:32:39 am »
yep!!!!another lot of expense... power steering has just gone on my work van....
it seems for every good thing that happens...two bad things happen .......  :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Power steering has just gone
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:12 am »
Theses things also happen when money is tight...... ::)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:38:30 am »
money is real tight at the moment....just need these french ******* to pull their finger out... grrrrrrr

not going to look good turning up in my old pickup  :-\

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 08:48:05 am »
We always end up with lots of things breaking every time we move.....can you get a hire car? Hope you get to exchange soon, it must be incredibly stressful

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:21 am »
we have gone from rich to rags, the last 9 months have been awful, there have been no luxury items bought, but there has been light at the end of the tunnel, this is the one thing ,that has kept us going, i have always been an optimist,,

its almost in touching distance..but just as you stick your hand out...whack!!! the bank takes away the overdraft, then stops every payment.... I showed them the evidence of what is coming, ... but no!!! they kick you in the teeth when your down

the french deal should have been completed 4 weeks ago... but no!!! they are too busy drinking wine ,eating cheese and looking for more red tape ......

we dod keep smiling, and even raise a laugh, wondering how much more can they throw at us .....

the one thing we are adamant about is.......WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH ...

sorry for the rant, i just needed to vent, anyway!!! onwards and upwards :)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 11:33:15 am »
I can remember the day my power steering went in my Mini and i had to drive to the garage in Southampton. The guy there couldn't believe i'd driven it in. It felt like i was driving a tank it was so heavy. But then i explained i was a horsey/farm girl so had a few more muscles than most. :-J

Sorry to hear you're feeling down though,    :fc:  things get better  i know how you feel, we have had a few very dogdy years with my OH being out of work and several bad lambing years plus feed bills we are still paying off.
You get one shot at life and you have to make it worth while. Concentrate on the happy times no matter how small they are. Good luck :trophy:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 04:41:13 pm »
Riches to rags ? lol . Come stay at my place for a month mate , the average pauper would feel like a king compared to my lifestyle !
I know my way of life is my choice ( well most of it is  , sort of ) , but it must hurt to know you have the money , but can't get at it , but there again , that's why i left the system !
Hope it sorts out soon mate .
( mind you , i think the usa may have gone down   , pop ! Some sort of coup in process . Will find out in the next few days .
If it has gone down  ? , things may get bumpy !) .

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 05:46:40 pm »
I understand the moan, its never ending, the more we have the more that goes wrong.....I never want more than one car, when/if Steve drives, its either one of us has the car and the other takes the train or cycles.
Hope for once RUSTYME, you are not right re USA!!!! although things appear to be improving a tiny tiny bit.......I often say about my brother but as my husband used to work with homeless he often said, homeless people would refuse to live like he does, he does own a house, he bought it outright many moons ago, but that's it, the roof, window, door are not water tight, he has no heating other than one fire, he however has a nice garden and is always mackling something up with his tools....he Emails me daily and they often say the same things as RUSTYME.  If I had the choice, I would rent, when I divorced I had my settlement and chose to  buy a house, if I had rented that money would have gone, having your own place is nice but a hell of a burden too!! Hope things improve and that last laugh is very near!       

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
No need rusty  :) its not the 1st time , in my 1st marriage, my dear ex wife left me with 3 kids to bring up,
the house was taken from us, and we lived in a 1 room bedsit for a few months, so i have been lower than a sausage dogs testicles ,  :)

I am very rich... I have a wonderful wife and great kids, that alone is priceless,

the rags, well i must confess, that is my own fault..i wear all my good clothes to work , so don't have anything decent left  ;D I think that is the only thing that helen bends my ear for  :roflanim: but at the moment, i don't have the cash to splash on new one's

I did also do a 9 month walkabout around europe,when i was 17 ,  i left with £200 and came back with £160 , so know all to well you can get by on nothing

its not having the money that bothers me, its having the debts, I like to pay my way, sadly when your in business, bills come in even when the work don't, a basic work van and liability insurance will cost £400 a month

but anyway!!!!! its all going to change soon  :thumbsup: :excited: :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
J&H I know that one. My clutch went on our car - huge garage bill - then five days later the gear box went. That time we were on the way to our son's wedding with four tiers of wedding cake in the car. We had to quickly hire a car and then pay the garage bill so that was one expensive wedding. Just as well we were going a few days before the wedding.

We now have a Motability car and are selling our Peugeot to a friend and I am worried that something else will go wrong as soon as she has it.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 09:16:29 pm »
[size=78%]We now have a Motability car and are selling our Peugeot to a friend and I am worried that something else will go wrong as soon as she has it.[/size]

Ah! One of the quickest way to lose a friend.........sell them a car :-\
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS