Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bargain Kindle Book  (Read 4327 times)

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
Bargain Kindle Book
« on: October 09, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
Not seen a thread for this before so perhaps this may be a useful one for those, like me, who have a kindle and look for bargains. i have "bought" a few £00.00 kindle books but, to date, they have all been a bit rubbish. However, in the £1 or so bracket I recommend the following:
1 - Wings over Summer. Almost finished this WW2 battle of Britain fighter pilot based novel. A very good read and well worth the £00.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wings-Over-Summer-Battle-Britain/dp/1490319913/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381343888&sr=1-1&keywords=wings+over+summer

2 - Another historical fiction based in the time when men were hairy and went a-viking.
The Norseman. A tale of swords and longships based around historical events. Well worth the £00.75 kindle price.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Norseman-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B006TQ3M2M/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381344126&sr=1-1&keywords=the+norseman

Happy reading :thumbsup:
rgds
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Bargain Kindle Book
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 07:59:37 pm »
I'm surprised you haven't found decent books.  Before I was given my Kindle by my kids at Christmas 2011 I used to read around 2 or 3 books a year - mostly chick lit.  Since then (21 months) - I've read over 250 books (more than 10 a month, 100 a year  :relief:.)  I can count on one hand the number I've given up on without finishing them.  My taste is now very varied.  I was a member of a Facebook page where members could recommend book, but found I had so many books on my Kindle I would never get round to them all.  I was also given a couple of CDs with about 5000 books on each - I use Cailbre to organise them all.  I have the complete works of George Elliot and Jane Austen, a few gundog training books, cookery books, a hen keeping one.

Amazon have a huge number of free books, and also the ones you mention that are a little dearer, and I also get an email every so often with free books - can't remember where that comes from for the moment - they come on as free at the time but only for a short time then they go back up to their normal price.  I'll try to find the link.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »
Hi doganjo,
Aye, browsed through lots of "freebies" and, if i was into classics or Pliny or tacitus et al there are swathes of material. if you do find the link/info regarding the free kindle books that would be good for a browse though, just to see if anything caught my eye.
I still buy certain books in traditional format, particular authors and books I will keep and read over and over again. Patrick O'Brian being my absolute favourite. But I find the kindle a real boon as i have always read a lot and, during my years working away, would get through 50-60 books a year.
Thanks and best wishes
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »
Just found & down loaded a few minutes ago a freebie that may interest some 187 pages of Food drying and preservation ..it may not be free for long if the take up is massive.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:04:33 am »
do you have a link to the book Clodhopper? That sounds like one i'll down load.

I like the idea of this thread, I love my kindle and read tons of books on it, usually freebies or ones under a pound. Like others, the free amazon books have really widened the range of material which I read.

I'm also going to give that norseman book a go.

Thanks everyone!  :thumbsup:

Cactus Jack

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Tortosa catalunya
    • stevel100
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:36:48 am »
I've just downloaded 7 free books, so that's no work from me this week :excited:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:20:30 pm by doganjo »

zoe_emma

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:08 pm »
Not free but I read and loved the hangman s daughter on my kindle, by Oliver Potzch(sp????)

Also the hundred year old man that climbed out of the window, which was about 20p. Very funny :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS