Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New cat  (Read 11995 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
New cat
« on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »
 :excited:

Getting a new cat on Monday, 15month old red classic tabby female Maine coon, can't wait, she's already as big as a small horse and still growing

I am so very very excited

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

See, that's really excited

I think we should have a 'who's got the biggest cat' competition next week with TAS providing a substantial prize to the winner

:excited: :excited: :excited:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:14:53 pm by Alistair »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: New cat
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:17:42 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...err just make sure  you put those big spiders out of her reach :innocent:
and maybe the snakes and that pinchy lovely scorpion...the dogs will be fine, the cat will soon be the  boss of them!! how is Julie?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 08:22:14 pm »
Post away.  What do you mean by biggest though?  One of ours is quite big when stretched out (which is quite often)  :) .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 08:32:27 pm »
no cheating and putting padded jackets on them.....that's not on....... :-J

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »
Happy, Julie's fine, stitches out Friday, legal letter sent

Womble, ooooo definition of biggest, errr up to you, your still going to loose, she's massive, I'm going to tow things about with her, like land rovers and big pieces of wood, did I mention she was a Maine coon, that means unless you've got a Maine coon, a Norwegian forest cat or a bloody big tiger you've lost?

Still excited

:excited: :knit: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Not sure where the knitting comes in but hey, roll with it
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:37:17 pm by Alistair »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:45:51 pm »
She is stunning......she will need loads of mice...your poor snakes are going to go hungry !!  I hope to get a big cat soonish...although not too sure just yet but fancy a Rag doll but that cat looks awesome

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »
 :love: Maine coon   :cat:  :love: I love them. Don't think it should be allowed in a cat sizing competition though  ;)  I fell in love with the breed 20 years ago. One day... 

Does she have a name?

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:35 pm »
She's called mick

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
Are u taking the..  :innocent:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:15:19 pm »
No, that's her name, mick, suits her too, no plans to change it either because she answers to it

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »
Does it come from her pedigree name? Unusual for a girl to have that name with the male spelling. I seen Mikk and Mikka in girls but not Mick. Certainly different.

She is a gorgeous deep ginger classic red.  :love:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »
Wow - those eyes - even via picture they look right into you, she'll soon put you in your place ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 01:01:18 am »
I am soooo envious. I've loved them for - crikey - over 30 years.  I didn't know the cat that was abandoned for me to take care of was a Maine Coon until many years later, but, once he recovered, he was the spitting image of your Mick.  I called him Myc, pronounced Mike.  He was the sweetest-natured cat I have ever met.

There are certainly folks on here with Maine Coons and with Norwegian Forest Cats and other similar types.

I definitely think we should have a competition, in which you all have to post as many photos and stories of your gorgeous cats as possible and we can all vote on which we like the most  :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 07:19:19 am »
 :alpaca: !!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 08:24:11 am »
Womble, I accept your unconditional surrender.

Mammyshaz, yes the name comes from her pedigree which is simply red so her original owner called her mick, she's been neutered so I don't think I can show her but the best adult Maine coon in Europe (tica) is from the same litter I believe, I get her pedigree when I pick her up on Monday but there are lots of champions and grand champions in there, we may change her name... Not sure yet

Her eyes are more yellow than the photo suggests, they just are mesmerising.

I'm still excited

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :cat: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS