Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Needle felting  (Read 10073 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Needle felting
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 12:58:40 pm »
That's a good idea HGL.

My daughter did a similar thing for our local show this year .... for the craft tent. She did a watercolour painting for the card and attached a homemade brooch thing at the top.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 01:21:15 pm »
That's the exact thing I meant, it can be as simple or as special as you want,  even a ready  made card with flowers on and attached the felted flower....

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 02:17:05 pm »
Great idea. I did think about making some cards but combining card and brooch to wear later would be even better. I  would need to make them smaller. At the moment, they are anything between four and eight inches in diameter.

I'm having great fun making them though. I intend selling them at craft fairs. Some friends and I are having a craft party in my home in a few weeks. They make jewellery and greetings cards.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:21 pm »
 :thumbsup: ..made me want a go....not going to though..I love hand made cards

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 03:20:44 pm »
Needle felting is fun, Sandy and so easy to do. The photos are only a selection of the many I've made so far. I bought a bag of small pieces of dyed fleece and decide my colours by what is available. Some have beads sewn on. Just waiting for the pins to arrive now so I can finish them off.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS