Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Waste management  (Read 2764 times)

Moleskins2

• Joined Sep 2013
Waste management
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:27:36 pm »
Not been on the forum for ages and I won't go into that now, I see some of its not changed though.
However I do believe in the general idea of the forum, sharing information and supporting each other.

So do you all know of the need to register with the appropriate people for doing things like using road plannings  for repairs to your track, using certain things as bedding and even burning hedge cuttings.

Hard to believe ? Please see here http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/sectors/32779.aspx

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
Re: Waste management
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »
Without reading your attachment, I have a waste carriers licence from EA so that I can collect pallets,
Any planeings, or rubble I buy and therefore only need to fill in a waste transfer form do not need to fill in the waste disposal form.
Not allowed to burn leaves, though hedge cuttings can be burnt if you are achieving something therefore I use them in our charcoal maker only (honest).
What's the bedding one ??

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:31 pm »
Talking of leaves.

Its that time of the year again. Guess what my job is going to be for the next few weeks? 

These trees provide fantastic shade in the summer but are a bit of a pain at this time of the year. At least I'm going to have loads of fantastic bedding for the chickens.  :fc:

Moleskins2

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »
Yep the leaves are fine but you probably ought to take a look at this

http://a0768b4a8a31e106d8b0-50dc802554eb38a24458b98ff72d550b.r19.cf3.rackcdn.com/LIT_7533_9650f6.pdf

Want to compost anything, build a pole barn, use rubble as a base to a floor, spread compost, make a walking stick or a good number of other things.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS