Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost 2 sheep - what paperwork do I need to do?  (Read 4085 times)

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
Lost 2 sheep - what paperwork do I need to do?
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:55 am »

We have sadly lost 2 sheep  :'(  Both became ill very quickly, and despite our best efforts we have lost them both.

My question is - what paperwork do I need to complete now?

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Lost 2 sheep - what paperwork do I need to do?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:20 am »
Sorry to hear that. You just need to fill it in on your flock record, and file the wee chitty of paper from your fallen stock collector at the back (or whereever) as proof that they did die in case you are inspected.  You don't need to send anything off anywhere at the moment, although i suspect the time will come when we do.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:00:05 pm »
Yes, and won't that be a load of laughs for the upland farmers where a dead sheep behind a crag can be carried off/picked clean in a couple of days with no trace remaining?

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »
Yes, and won't that be a load of laughs for the upland farmers where a dead sheep behind a crag can be carried off/picked clean in a couple of days with no trace remaining?

Even on my 'soft southern' down, due to the crows from the outdoor pig unit next door and Mr Brock, all I often find of dead ewes is a skeleton - even smells like butchers bones in the van, so can't have been dead long. I often collect deads from up there in a feed sack. Most of the time the hunt look at the pathetic collection of bones and tell me to just tip it in the deads bin, no charge. Sometimes I am 'lucky' enough to find the tags.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

Yep, that is pretty much the situation we are in - also some very deep crevasses (sp?) where it is just far too dangerous to try to retrieve a carcass from. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS