Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Last 2 loaded  (Read 1176 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Last 2 loaded
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:00:14 pm »
Well that's the last of this years pigs loaded ready for the morning, settled down to sleep already in their comfy trailer bed.
It will take a few days getting used to not having them running over to meet me whenever I went out, they were the middle white boars and proved to be very friendly easy going boys, hopefully they will taste fantastic too.
Anne

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Last 2 loaded
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:06:08 pm »
I am still getting used to not hearing ours, it's the first thing you herd when you came home .
I am sure the meat will be great
Graham

charlestcat

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:50:06 pm »
Our 2 GOS - Phil and Nige - went today.  Very, very sad. Husband had to  take them on his own, but the abbatoir were really good - H Stiles at Bronham, Wilts.  They are obvioulsy have a lot of emotional small holders come their way.

Its going to be very quiet without them snorting, grunting and squealing for their food.

Yes i kknow we should not have given them names (after the 2 policemen in 'Early Doors'), but i don't think it would have made much difference; you still get attached to them.  Much different than the sheep. 

Anyway, being positive, roll on lots of chops and sausages & looking forward to next year

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:02:10 pm »
deed is done, you'll all feel better when you see them again in part or whole  :thumbsup:  well done though, it's tough isn't it  :hug:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

caracroft

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Essex
  • 3 Saddlebacks and 12 Copper Black Chickens
    • Caras Croft Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »
Our last two are due to go soon and also dreading the silence, they are so friendly!!!

Hope you all enjoy the fruits of your labour  :thumbsup:

Cara

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS