Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Surplus fruit  (Read 4368 times)

Old Empty Barn

• Joined Feb 2009
Surplus fruit
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:36:34 pm »
Hi All,

We have a number of fruit trees - some cooking apples (looking like a big crop!), a couple of plums, a damson and a small pear tree (sorry don't know what type it is!), the cherries have already been demolished by the resident birds - apart from a few friends / family that come round and raid the trees we don't use the fruit at the moment and don't like seeing it going to waste.  We wondered if anyone would like to use the fruit, we could maybe swap for something?  Eggs? Veg? Whatever?  Lets bring bartering back in to fashion!  ;D ;) ;)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Surplus fruit
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:26:42 pm »
Where are you?

Someone will snap up your offer, pigs love apples!!

Old Empty Barn

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:57:06 pm »
We're just outside Linlithgow .... piggies seem to love apples but we were surprised when we saw a fox in the orchard last night hoovering up the early wind fall .... seemed to love 'em.  Didn't know foxes ate apples but we've seen the badger coming round eating the fallen damsons before!  ;D

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »
Hello there
I could definitely use some plums. But I only have eggs to swap though. (And I have to admit that they are wee bantam eggs) Let me know if you get a better offer.
I am on my way to Edinburgh on Tuesday to do a bit of festing.
Kirsty
kirsty

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:05 am »
We could use apples- even the windfalls or reject ones as the goats eat them. We use all of ours for this too- mean we don't have to buy apples for them until Jan/Feb.

I don't have much to barter with either- eggs (hens or ducks) or goats milk. Oh or we do have some blackcurrant bacardi on the brew at the moment.

the dog house

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Muiravonside, Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:31 pm »
hi there we re also in Linlithgow, would be happy to swap some of our eggs or veg surplus for damsons or pears

Old Empty Barn

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »
Hi all,
 The apples look like they're ready now but the plums & damsons need a week or two yet, the pears are a smaller type ....... possibly for cooking only ?? ...... if anyone would like to swap some for eggs,veg etc just send us a PM

Dave

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS