Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wow what a week  (Read 3408 times)

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
Wow what a week
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:00:23 am »
So we lost chickens, 1 heart attack the other swallowed some tissue.
We actually moved into profit this week then the autopsy's put is back in debit again.
I know some of you are having a hard time and I'm not trying to rub it in your face, I'm telling our story because a lot of it is down to your guys advice, and just maybe it will give you hope for next year.
On the upside we have been offered a chicken coop 50-100 ish size for £150  :excited:
We have started to build our breeding pens for next year  :excited:
Went and met 1/2 of John & Helen  :wave:
Bought a 42 foot x 28 foot commercial polly tunnel off a neighbour for £300
got a phone call last night 2 people want to buy my laying stock, back in profit again  :excited:
So excited about next year  :excited:
 So we will have layers from March 50, a mix of 3, one for dark brown eggs, one for whites and legbar for blue.
We are concentrating on breeding next year
Cream Legbars, lavenders (as we already have orders) speckled sussex if I can find a cockerel.
We sold £30 of new potato's so we will plant double next year, runners went, courgette's didn't sell
So now I have to clear the land to put this polly tunnel up great like I needed another job. :thinking:
Along with which I started window cleaning for a living this week, just to bring some more money in, oh well it paid for the vets bill & I've drank less cider this week as I've been out canvassing.  :roflanim:
Good luck to all of you and chin up to those whom are struggling.

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
Re: Wow what a week
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:36:44 am »
That's heartwarming to read AndynJ      is too easy to be consumed by stuff going wrong and the negatives  it can be really difficult to see the good bits   goodness knows there's enough heartache here...
Good luck to you and keep posting your progress :thumbsup:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:51:53 am »
Just a wee note of caution - there is only 24 hours in the day... taking on more and more, doubling your capacity and so on... make sure you have enough time and energy to do it all, and some time to relax as well. It is too easy to overload yourself and then you end up exhausted and the animals and veggies will suffer...

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:02 am »
It must be a nice feeling to be just about even financially. Well done you  :thumbsup:
Sounds like a busy year next year, good luck with it    :hshoe:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 09:31:25 am »
fantastic mate,  :thumbsup:  that poly was a bargain
look forward to seeing a PICTURE when its up  :innocent: :thumbsup:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:53:56 pm »
a picture  :thinking:  I've got you down to help put it up (just so that you know how to do it in the future) :roflanim:
Decided to day it has to be up by 31.1.14

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:19:36 pm »
That's sounding great - and as others have said its always good to hear of someone enjoying their new life.  Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:14:31 pm »
a picture  :thinking:  I've got you down to help put it up (just so that you know how to do it in the future) :roflanim:
Decided to day it has to be up by 31.1.14

:roflanim: :roflanim: just shout mate

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »
Well the hybrid & wellsummers went this morning,
Arrived 2 welsummer x's that are poorly
1 Legbar cockerel & 2 hens
And a couple of hens that are worthless
I bought the 7 as I wanted the legbar cockerel, really pleased the guy is giving up with chickens.
Its amazing what condition people keep their hens in and that they think its ok to sell them like that.
I only had one poorly coop, I've had to knock another one up quick just to house what's come in, they'll be spoilt here.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »
Andy perhaps check out Carmarthenshire Freecycle there are lots of cockerels on offer this last few weeks there might be some of what your looking for.

PS tried to send you a PM and the system does not recognise your name " AndynJ"  ( I clicked on it to try and send this message )
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »
Glad things are working for you.  :thumbsup:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 03:28:19 am »
Andy perhaps check out Carmarthenshire Freecycle there are lots of cockerels on offer this last few weeks there might be some of what your looking for.

PS tried to send you a PM and the system does not recognise your name " AndynJ"  ( I clicked on it to try and send this message )

I get other PM's maybe the system was on a coffee break  :roflanim:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 05:12:47 am »
Well, I've been on our local freecycle, it's a bit rubbish, nothing on there at the moment for me but I have offered someone some jars they wanted, he hasn't replied as yet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS