Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: If looks could kill  (Read 1695 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
If looks could kill
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:36:19 pm »
Today we gave 11 of the 13 goats the second part of their "7 in 1" injection. Well, when we went out earlier to put the Pygmy goats to bed they did a runner and were so afraid that we were there to hurt them again. If looks could kill they would have us dead tonight.  After a lengthy attempt I got 5 of the Pygmy's to bed but the last 2 would not even be tempted by their nigh time Kit Kat. No matter what food we offered these 2 would not come near, normally they are very friendly and hungry.

Eventually we just had to chase them around their paddock and catch them, what a carry on. Now we have them all in bed but my god I think they will be planning anarchy for me tomorrow.  Strange thing is that it is only the Pygmy's that are "ounishing" us. Isn't it funny how they react?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: If looks could kill
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:59:17 am »
This morning I have to inject a pig ...  once she sees the needle her bad leg will immediately recover and she will be off, of course its far too painful to walk on when I want her to walk down the lane to the barn for an easy method of injecting.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:12:59 am »
They still love you James, don't worry ;D ;D ;D

Its a natural reaction - they will forget about it as soon as a few days have passed.  We used to have that when we took our Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to the vets for injections, they would not go into the car for a few days, as the trip to the vets was still fresh in their mind.

We now take our Rottweiler pup to the vets every month to be weighed, so that when he needs injections he will be used to the trip and have trust in the vet - it was her suggestion as she has a lot of experience with big dogs.  Goats and sheep are very timid animals, but will forgive and forget - unlike humans  ;D ;D ;D

Julie

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:27:52 am »
Thanks Julie, they are still a bit off with me this morning but I'm sure that by dinner time they will have forgotton all about it and things will be back to normal. They are funny how they behave.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS