Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: An interesting project looking for support  (Read 1156 times)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
An interesting project looking for support
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:04:47 am »
       A friend of mine has asked me to spread the news about this project that she is planning with her husband and - hopefully - ask for support. They are planning to open a restaurant that caters for people with food allergies - she herself was diagnosed with lactose intolerance some time ago and finds it impossible to go out for a meal. Personally, I don't eat wheat anymore - I'm also a vegetarian and can only confirm that going out for a meal just doesn't happen if you can't eat "standard" fare, so I think this project could be a winner. She's a bit of a smallholder herself, always had hens and a veg garden... Despite a lot of health problems, she's a real grafter, so I think there is a good chance of success - if they can get it off the ground.   Please feel free to spread the news wherever you think useful.         http://bloomvc.com/project/Restaurant-for-Food-Allergies   Btw - I know she uses a lot of goat products - so there may even be a future market for some of you... :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: An interesting project looking for support
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:10:22 am »
Have put it on my FB page, on Public setting
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:53:45 am »
What a great idea :thumbsup: , I am intolerant of lots of foods and so are 2 of my 3 daughters, although they are in Australia but how good to be able to choose nice things on a menu rather than either opting out or being ill the next day...I have shared too!

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:13 pm »
That's a nice idea,

I've always want to find a place where I could be  booking a couple of days ahead via the internet website  and being able to select your meal and possibly wines etc , then pay for it on the site facility .

I  would also be useful for the restaurant would know what to buy and keep waste down .  They would of course still be able to have the extras in the freezers etc. and other wines etc  in the rack or beers in kegs & bottles.

It could certainly make for a big range of different & interesting  foods being available due to pre ordering a week or more ahead ,that's for sure. Rather than the two or three plate " free of"  meals usually found in the  most pub  grub ( Yuk) menus 
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:44:41 pm »
I would certainly eat there if it was near enough. Being gluten intolerant, I get fed up with jacket potatoes often being the only thing I can eat on the menu.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS