Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trees and How to Grow Them.  (Read 1939 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Trees and How to Grow Them.
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »
I couldn't resist buying this book from our local garden centre this afternoon. I paid the princely sum of £2.99p for it. I can see me getting quite a bit of use out of it. Well at least that's what I told Karen. In my defence, it does actually go through most of our common UK trees and tells you how to grow them from seed. :innocent:
http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=10921815535&searchurl=an%3Dmargaret%2Blipscombe%26amp%3Bbt.x%3D87%26amp%3Bbt.y%3D21%26amp%3Bsts%3Dt%26amp%3Btn%3Dtrees%2Band%2Bhow%2Bto%2Bgrow%2Bthem

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: Trees and How to Grow Them.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »
I bought a load of seeds a few years ago, but never froze them to start germination (hope thats right) well, i soon may have a little place to start bringing some on :thumbsup:

anthonyc12

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:00:41 am »
I found a HUGE tree that I was unfamiliar with and cut it down. Found it to be a rubber tree and it only gave me 2 saplings. I planted them, but they haven't grown yet. What have I done wrong? Should I use more then 1 sapling?

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
I think I'll bounce this one back to you Anthony .

You need to join the RHS website ( it's free  or was a few months ago & has loads and loads of how to pictures  )  and look up various way of propagation  , especially the air layering method of making new plants on rubber trees.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS