Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Accident  (Read 2101 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Accident
« on: September 22, 2013, 12:11:08 am »
I was at my spinning group today, struggling as usual, so I decided to ply some coned yarn that I've had for ages. To start with all went well then it started pulling onto the bobbin without any twist. The person I was sitting next to (and chatting to) suggested that I buy a poly band instead of a string drive band and pointed out that I also could do with a new spring.

When I got home I went online to find what I needed. I ordered the drive band on ebay, then looked for a spring. I found one from Wingham Wool Work but, while I was ordering it, I accidentally  :innocent:  ordered all I need to get started on needle felting. I honestly didn't mean  intend to do it but my finger must have slipped.   :innocent: :innocent:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Accident
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:05:33 am »
Oh that's terrible! How could such an accident happen in this day and age. There should be some kind of protection against that sort of thing happening  :-J :excited:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:00:30 am »
It's not your fault, these accidents happen from time to time when you are involved in such dangerous activities  :excited:  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 07:59:35 am »
Your fingers have a mind if their own........never mind.......we all have those sort of accidents, usually accompanied buy a little fib about the cost...... :innocent:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:44 am »
been there done that. i get a buzz from buying on-line so i darent even look at ebay anymore.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:45:28 am »
 ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:46:52 am »
Just watch out for those slipping fingers when you are doing the needle felting as those needles are evil and may prevent you from buying (sorry accidentally ordering) more crafty stuff as it's difficult to type with one of them sticking out your finger :)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »
Thanks for the warning, CC and thanks for your understanding, everyone. I'm glad I'm not the only one.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS