Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: attempted theft?  (Read 1220 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
attempted theft?
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:55:58 pm »
this was on facebook today - not written by me but thought it might interest someone.

I was down walking my dog and friend's dog along the beach this morning from Donmouth up the coast towards Balmedie. On our way back, there was a guy looking a bit dodgy putting things down along the beach quite far away. My friend's lab then started running towards where he'd been with his nose to the ground eating, by this time the guy had disappeared, then my friend's dog ran up the dune still eating, with me calling him back but he was intent on finding something.
The guy appeared at the top of the dune, and fed him then put a lead on him so I ran towards him shouting "That's my dog" and my own dog ran to him too, the dogs got quite aggressive towards him since he's a stranger. When I caught up with them, the guy was saying it was his dog that he'd lost and had been looking for it, I kept arguing it wasn't and eventually he gave in and unclipped the lead, apologising saying he was identical to his dog that he'd lost so he thought it was his.
I'm convinced he was trying to steal him, he was a young, skinny Northern English guy, he was wearing a navy work jumper with red writing on, didn't see what it said though and red polo shirt collar, dark trousers and brown work boots. Just want to warn anyone that walks their dog down there just in case he does actually take a dog, it was near the big sewage pipe on the Bridge of Don side this happened just after 1pm today. He must have been leaving food to entice dogs as the dogs were finding a lot to eat around there which is unusual. I've reported it to the police too but want to spread the word so no dog is actually taken.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS