Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: rotten eggs  (Read 1722 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
rotten eggs
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:35:51 pm »
ew

first time ever just broke an egg into a pan for poached eggs...

guess it must have had a crack in it or something...

will i ever get the smell out of my kitchen...

certainly had an interesting effect on the water, nastyness!!!

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
Re: rotten eggs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
Turns the stomach a touch doesn't it ?
I bet you don't eat eggs for a couple of days
The smell, cut an onion in half place each half in a bowl half filled with water hey presto smell gone in the morning, it works great when you are painting as well.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:59:26 pm »
yes, onions absorb alot of things, which is why they are suppose to help prevent cancer.
i read you are not suppose to eat an onion that has been cut open previously , even if kept in a fridge, as they you will be eating the germs it has sucked up since being opened.

rotten eggs, yuck.  ;D ;D

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »
Strangely enough, I just wanted to post a question re rotten eggs...

I get my eggs from a local farmer - he sells them through the newsagent. So far, they've always been fine - vary in size, shape and colour, but always very nice. A few days ago, I cracked one and what came out was greyish/brownish and very liquid - not like egg at all, and not like "rotten" eggs I've experienced in  the past. Didn't stink, either. Could that be a problem with the hen - some kind of disease? I asked the guy in the shop to tell the farmer - I didn't complain, as I know it's impossible to look into the eggs he sells, but I thought he'd better know if there is something wrong with the hen.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:13 pm »
ew

first time ever just broke an egg into a pan for poached eggs...

guess it must have had a crack in it or something...

[size=78%]certainly had an interesting effect on the water, nastyness!!![/size]

It's worse when you crack an egg like that into a bowlful of eggs or cake mix. Ask me how I know.  ;D

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
That's why Mrs Beeton of the cook books fame said, " Always crack the egg into a separate dish first and if it is Ok add it to the rest "

She forgot to add as the precursor to that " First off put your unbroken eggs with complete shell  into a glass bowl and gently fill it with cold water , any that try to float other than having pointy end up are not fresh.. don't use them " .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS