Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Really chuffed with my Fell, Jimmy  (Read 3139 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Really chuffed with my Fell, Jimmy
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »
Just done our fourth endurance ride of the year. It was 30kms of hilly terrain all over the Long Mynd in Shropshire. We did it in 3 hours 17 minutes! He was such a good boy and he loaded with no fuss at the end too. Just got the one more ride to do, the Red Dragon at Builth Wells in october. We're also going to start having jumping lessons too as I reckon he'd enjoy hunting. Next year we'll attempt some graded rides rather than just for fun rides.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Really chuffed with my Fell, Jimmy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
Well done to both of you, sounds as if you are going to have a fun filled future  :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:03 pm »
That sounds a strenuous ride and over a long time. You must both be fit as fiddles. Congratulations on your achievement   :trophy:

Jimmy sounds like he's doing well  :thumbsup:  I can see rosettes appearing next year  ;)  :trophy:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:12:24 pm »
Sounds super, well done!

Nags

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 08:28:57 am »
Well Done! I did my youngsters first endurance ride earlier in the year with Sport Endurance and it was an awful experience for both of us, really wanted to go to the Long Mynd ride but I have to accept she just isn;t mentally ready yet.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
 :trophy:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 09:58:24 am »
Well Done! I did my youngsters first endurance ride earlier in the year with Sport Endurance and it was an awful experience for both of us, really wanted to go to the Long Mynd ride but I have to accept she just isn;t mentally ready yet.

Oh that's such a shame, nearly everyone has a great experience but good for you for being honest that it didn't work out so well. Hope it was just one of those things rather than failings of other riders/organisers. And hope things work out better if/when you go again  :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS