doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Apples
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:09:09 pm »
I have a lot of apples out there - some quite big but no windfalls and when I do the twist and tug nothing comes off yet.  Just hope I get them before the rogues that pinched last year's before they were ripe and flung them everywhere for spite.  :rant:.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Apples
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:46:43 pm »
some people are idiots...

you can get yourself one of those apple picking nets, it's easier with that than by hand. are they eaters or cookers? :&>

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »
I have my press ready to go - now I just need an army to help!   :innocent:

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »
Most of my apples are varieties that wont be ready until next month and even later. chop one of the apples in half and if the pips aren't conker brown, then they aren't ready.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:27:34 pm »
There were a couple of apples on teh ground when my son mowed teh paddock yesterday.  I used them to bolster the slow grape wine - pips were brown but not dark enough and teh apples are still sour.  Will just keeping checking, but they're getting quite big and I can see them growing legs and jumping over the fence. :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS