Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another internet shopping boob  (Read 8199 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Another internet shopping boob
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:26:14 pm »
wev been food shopping online for a year now. often we buy things without checking the weight and have ended up with tiny bags of sugar/flour when expecting the big packs, as they look the same in the foto. often i have thought id ordered a pack of bananas to receive just one solitary one.  :innocent:
this time i was very careful order 10 bananas not realising they were packs of ten  - so alas i have 80 bananas in the cupboard...whoops...all ripe and ready to eat.
recipes ideas anyone? ... :roflanim: :roflanim:
 :innocent:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: Another internet shopping boob
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »
Banana fritters  :thumbsup: made some the other night..naughty but very nice...loads of maple syrup  :thumbsup:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »
I use tesco , hate the company but they are the only ones who deliver here and i don't want to starve just yet .
But if there is anything i don't want , even if i have just changed my mind , i can just send it back and get full refund .
Obviously , if you are getting goods delivered by courier in a box , that is a different kettle of fish , or bunch of bananas !
What to do with a lorry load of 'nanas ? , lots of visits to the monkey house at a zoo ?

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »
Oops!!

Does anyone nearby have one of those dehydrators so you could make dried banana slices ?

I think banana cake freezes, but watch that flour order quantity :-DDD

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »
i saw the title and came in here to moderate you all for inappropriate subject material, turns out its just my dirty mind...

can't help with the bananas they are the fruit of the devil and should all just be binned as they are nasty!!!

sidds

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »
Bananas take a long time to dehydrate in a machine so works out quite costly, we use the stove just ticking over with the door open and it works fine.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
Yes, make loads of banana cake and send it to me freeze it for later  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:52 pm »
Can I send my  :goat:  round to yours.... they would form an orderly queue I promise!

Banana milk shakes loved here, and also banana bread of course... but 80, that's quite a few cakes that is...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »
order 10 bananas not realising they were packs of ten

Is that not 100?

Most supermarkets will take back anything you have made a mistake with - I would say 80 or 100 bananas was a very obvious one and your driver should have offered the question 'did you mean to order so many bananas?'
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:15:29 pm »
This doesn't help but, a while back, we ordered wholemeal muffins, which we enjoy with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon as a Sunday breakfast treat from time to time. They were obviously out of stock and they substituted................Chocolate Chip Muffins  :P NOT.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »
the kids have found it hysterical, especially as they have witnessed the delivery of the single banana many times  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »
This doesn't help but, a while back, we ordered wholemeal muffins, which we enjoy with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon as a Sunday breakfast treat from time to time. They were obviously out of stock and they substituted................Chocolate Chip Muffins  :P NOT.
I ordered velcro and they sent me stick on cup hooks????
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: , made a few mistakes myself but those who know me, know we go shopping now just for bargains.......I have also done similar...................I think maybe go around and donate a few bananas to the school after  your run in........ :thumbsup:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »
...................I think maybe go around and donate a few bananas to the school after  your run in........ :thumbsup:

we gave the school nursery some fresh rhubarb from our garden once but they wouldnt let the kids taste it, too much health and saftey... :innocent:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 07:17:25 pm »
...................I think maybe go around and donate a few bananas to the school after  your run in........ :thumbsup:

we gave the school nursery some fresh rhubarb from our garden once but they wouldnt let the kids taste it, too much health and saftey... :innocent:

They should have lived a few decades back. My Mum came from a not well off background, and remembers as a little girl the treat of eating an apple all of her own, and that she had finished eating it, another little girl asked if she could have the core to eat.....bet she wouldn't have turned down rhubarb.....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS