Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fawn moget faced polled shetland ram lamb from shetland  (Read 3114 times)

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
Fawn moget faced polled shetland ram lamb from shetland
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:14:27 pm »
This years ram lamb for sale.  Brum is a fawn moget faced polled ram lamb, he is out of a grey katmoget Ramb and a Moorit Flecket horned ewe.  Brum is a really good type and is an asset to any one wanting to breed fantastic quality with unusual genes.   Brum is open to offers but a fantastic home is a must for this fantastic ram.

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: Fawn moget faced polled shetland ram lamb from shetland
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:42:05 am »
Where are you please

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:46:28 am »
Shetland

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:13 am »
I didn't know you could get polled Shetland tups  :thinking:

We discussed getting a Shetland tup lamb to use on my fleece sheep and on some of the smaller commercial shearlings, but decided against the idea because we weren't happy about having a horned tup in with the other boys...

We have a plan for tupping this year now, but out of interest, what would be involved in getting Brum over to the mainland?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:16 am »
I don't know I have never sent a sheep south.  I imagine it is just a case of booking the ferry then picking him up from Aberdeen but he would need a friend as it is a long way to go by himself.
http://www.northlinkferries.co.uk/  Maybe  give northlink a phone they should be able to help.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:04:06 am »
Well, I was interested to know, so I did call Northlink Ferries freight department.

They will ship any number but the minimum charge is for one 2M square pen and is £92.38.  So they suggested that you would try to liaise with other shippers of small numbers of sheep to share a pen and hence the cost.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06:51 am »
The price has gone up since we last shipped a pony south, I can try and find out if anyone is sending sheep south anytime in the future but I don't know the people that own the big farms that send lost of them south for sales.

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:17:01 pm »
He is stunning!

Too bad I already have two shetland rams..

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 09:17:38 am »
Ty speaking to the auctioneer at lerwick mart. They are currently sending three to four loads of sheep south to Thainstone mart (Inverurie) every week. Thainstone could hold the lamb in lairage for the buyer and also you'd get a cheaper shipping cost because he'd be moved as part of a largr load. There are 5000+ Shetland bred lambs in Thainstone this Friday, I'm sure there would b space for another one on the boat!

It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS