Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rubber Stable Mats?  (Read 2150 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Rubber Stable Mats?
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:40:52 am »
Just wondering if anyone has tried these for goats?
or what do our goatkeepers think of the idea?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Rubber Stable Mats?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:01 am »
Our stables already have them down but we still put straw down on top of them. The stable in the Paddock has them in for when the goats are out but they always look cold when they are in there sheltering
Graham

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:47:04 am »
Don't forget..stripey side up! ;D  (Sorry "in Joke" as I have to muck out 36 racehorses every day at work and the boss has put these in all of them only she let the the jockeys and stableboy do it who only skip out at night sl they put the pimply side up making them a b****** to sweep clean!)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »
Thanks, they have 4" raised wooden beds at the back of their pens, during the summer they only have sawdust down because they either kick the straw off or lay on the concrete, but I'd like something softer to put on the boards, I had hoped to get the pens rebuilt and raised concrete plinths at the back, with a very slight slope to the front, again with removable wood, but doesn't look like it will happen this year. As they are in more as the nights get longer i'm looking at other options.
The ones on ebay I've been looking at seem suspiciously cheap up to the website options (Eva). But they do say they are about 35mm thick and good insulation.
If they have the bumps and stripes I'll remember that JJ :-), do they do it for a joke?

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:11:20 pm »
I have some of the really cheap ones and they are fine for the goats but my ponies have shredded them! I also have out either straw or sawdust on top but now have added boarded pallets to give them raised beds.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS