Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: for all ebay sellers...  (Read 2400 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
for all ebay sellers...
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:42:04 am »
please be aware

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2013/09/ebay-sellers-beware-its-fees-now-eat-into-postage-costs

from today ebay are charging fee's on postage as well making it more important to make sure you charge correctly!!

Greedy Ebay!!!

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
Re: for all ebay sellers...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:13:55 am »
well in fairness to ebay there are a lot of sellers who put a low price on the item and massively inflate the postage which can catch out inexperienced buyers. As long as it's made clear that what you're going to be charged as a seller, then you can raise your asking price accordingly - I don't have a problem with this.[size=78%] [/size]

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:25 am »
I hope to put a lot of stuff on E Bay soon, in fact that's where a lot of it came from, but it will be collection only as its going to be too big to wrap, I used to love E Bay but then realised how much they took off each item, although I used the money to buy something else I needed.....Thanks

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:42:49 pm »
Ebay's charges have become excessive now. They've got a monopoly and now they're abusing it.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:10 pm »
Isn't Preloved more useful for small sellers now? I think they're great for poultry and there's loads of other stuff on there too. Not bidding clearly but most of the stuff on eBay now is fixed price anyway. There are no hatching eggs on there though - haven't read the site rules but I guess that's against them in some way.

H

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:00 am »
I love Gumtree and you can Facebook......there are other bid sites but E Bay the most popular.......

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:01 am »
We used to sell a lot on Ebay but now prefer Preloved and Facebook groups. The biggest problem we had with Ebay was that when we were selling books it restricts the postage you can charge so for some heavier books we couldn't cover the postage cost. Now they have started charging fees on the postage as well, although I can see why, we will not be using Ebay in the future.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS