Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 20Billion pounds - our troubles are over  (Read 3163 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
20Billion pounds - our troubles are over
« on: August 06, 2009, 04:14:34 pm »

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will be squandered on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, lets use the following plan :

There are about 20 million people over 50 years old in the work force.

Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings .........................Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British car .............................................Twent y million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage ............Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They MUST send their kids to school / college /university ..........Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week ........................there's your money back in duty / tax etc!!!!

6) They MUST NOT claim a state pension....................................pressure of the government pension pot

It can't get any easier than that!

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: 20Billion pounds - our troubles are over
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »
Oh, I like it a lot!!!  ;D where can we start the petition? Just wish I was over 50 now!

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »
i'll chuck another one in for you!!

you will of course noticed my mistake - i am using a BRITISH BILLION, and not an American Billion, which is actually a TRILLION in financial speak - so it's suddenly a tad expensive

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:40:04 pm »
it would also clear the way to allow 20 million more Poles or maybe Turks in to fill the jobs, instead of UK born people . Any more Poles move here and Poland will be empty !!! maybe Germany would invade it with better luck this time  ? errr no need  is there ... they already own it !!!!

cheers

Russ

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:50:44 pm »
You know Russ, I am a great believer that this country has far too many immigrants in it and the rules of this land are more suited for them than us. However, I have to add that I managed a large hotel in Inverness for 2 years before I bought this place and we were "saved" by the Polish Community. It seems that the British, IMHO, are a bunch of lazy so and so's and do not want to get off their backsides. The Polish staff I had were the hardest working bunch of people I have ever employed. I used to tell them to finish after a 16 hour shift and they would beg to work on for longer, I made a lot of friends from this community.

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:10:56 pm »
I have to say I agree.  A lot of British people would rather be on social security than do 'hard' work.  I have employed a lot of Eastern European peole and they work hard, usually for a minimum wage.  I have got several Polish friends now and they really want to be a part of the community.  They think we are good people, which I'm not sure we all are. 
Currently I have two cleaners working for me - one a trained nurse and the other a radiotherapist,  they would rather work here than in Poland - the highest qualified cleaners I have ever had!

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:22:22 pm »
yes .. you are quite right James . I have no problem with Poles, Turks , or any other race colour or creed . I just have a problem with them all being allowed to live here.....I don't have the answers to the problem ...but I know that allowing millions of foreigners over here to live is NOT the answer . TSWHTF sometime soon , it has already started on a small scale , strikes all over the UK against foreign (Polish) workers !! To take things even further ....they have been creating what they now call 'Gated communities ' for the effl-affluent people of the UK , take a look at the huge unemployed areas of England ! they are also creating gated communities for the poor, the same applies for foreigners to . The USA used to call them reservations , now they call them ghettos.  The Germans called them concentration camps ,(  a name and way of storing people ,that the English (Lord Kitchener) created in South Africa during the Boar war !!!! my Grandad was a guard at one of them 1899-1901 !!). It has all happened before , and sadly it is happening again , only on a much larger scale , we never do learn !!!!

cheers

Russ

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 05:29:39 pm »
We most certainly never do learn. The "Geat War" was meant to be the war of all wars and Remberance Day a reminder as to the attrocities of war, a reason why we should never again go to war. Well look at the state of our world today there are wars going off in every corner of it. No lessons were learnt.

Janette1970

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North Lincs
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 08:32:13 pm »
I'm with you Troubled Waters. Just wish I was over 50 too. Could have lots of piggys then..... on a lovely farm in north yorkshire!!! NICE  :)

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:03 pm »
Its all to do with nature is war - you can even see it on the smallholding

Hens - Pecking Order
Pigs  - Fighting over who lays where in the arc - bullying and bossing

Watch baby chicks pecking at each other within a few days of hatching, hens fight over status and who rules the roost, cockerels will fight until death, as will a lot of male animals.
Rams, bulls and dogs fight, cats fight over food, even rabbits attack each other unless you put the right sex to the right sex etc. ( Especially when mating ones from different cages).

Most animals are territorial ( like we might be patriotic and territorial)

Humans are no different to animals really when we have / and as long as we have
different sexes
different colours
different languages
cultures and beliefs - we will always have wars.

My generation haven't seen war at home, my mum and dad did, and my grandads did

We have been lucky so far that we are not listening to sirens and running underground when we hear aircraft.

It must be an awful experience, and I really hope we never have to see it in our lifetimes.

Julie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS