Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Last call for my Coloured Ryeland ram lamb - Carmarthenshire - SOLD  (Read 2820 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
My lovely Tomos is still for sale. He is registered and has good parentage. No sensible offer refused.
He will be castrated if I can't find a working home for him as he isn't happy being seperated from his friends.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:36:51 pm by Bionic »
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Re: Last call for my Coloured Ryeland ram lamb - Carmarthenshire
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:52:58 am »
He is a very gorgeous chap  :love:.  Have you tried putting an ad on Preloved or Farming Ads?  I have sold the majority of my 2013 lambs this way and all to either pet or breeding homes.  A chap with 800 Finn and Dorset breed sheep had two of my ram lambs on Saturday for crossing with his ewe lambs in December and he said they will have a home for life with him as offspring ewe lambs will not retained  :).   My other ram lambs have all gone to smallholders with circa 5 ewes as long-term stock rams and 3 ewes to date have gone to a pet home (with possible view to breed in future) to a couple who have previously had sheep, but had to destroy them in the Foot & Mouth crisis some years ago.  It has taken them until now to find the heart to restock on a very small basis.

The good long-term homes are out there but it is quite a lot of work in finding them and I spend ages advertising etc.  I'm afraid that I also put on my ads to very good home only  :innocent: and I also keep in contact with the purchasers.

Tomas looks a very good sort - lovely confirmation and looks like he might sire some quality offspring.   :fc: you find him a good home.  If not though, he will make you a super lawnmower/companion.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:57:14 am »
Thanks Emily, he is on Preloved but as many of the Coloureds didn't sell at the Ryeland show at Ludlow on 24th Aug there are a lot of others on there too.
I am putting an add in the local agri merchants this week too so  :fc:

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 12:03:41 pm »
With Farmings ads you can ad loads of photos, so take lots including head shot only and rear view etc to show all his attributes!   

It has been quite a slow process with the selling of lambs generally this year to date for some reason.  Could be lack of rain and the slow grass growth rates or people just waiting until the last minute to buy in lambs. 

Particularly for stock rams, some do not buy until they are ready to put them straight in with the ewes and so you might not get enquiries until later this month - into October and early November.  All depends on a particular purchasers home setup etc I suppose.

I am surprised at the slowness of the ewe lamb market at the moment - I thought there would be more call for good quality ewe lamb stock after the losses encountered in March/April with the snow etc.   I have 5 ewe lambs left out of 10 but happy to keep them on and sell at a later date if a home doesn't come up before the end of the year.  They can always run with Molly my 17 year old retired Suffolk whilst the other ewes are in with the tup!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
Re: Last call for my Coloured Ryeland ram lamb - Carmarthenshire - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:38:11 pm »
Tomos was sold this evening and will be going to a place where he will be getting some new girlfriends and where there are lots of other sheep too.

His new mum loves him as much as I do already  :thumbsup:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 07:29:04 am »
excellent result, whilst im sure he'd of been content as a lawnmower, somewhere with a prospect of some lovin' in his life has to be a good option from his point of view!!!

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 09:11:03 am »
Great news  :thumbsup:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:14:40 am »
Lovely news ..... and means I can stop thinking I need him!!!!!!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 10:19:30 am »
It was a tough decision to part with him. Message to self - don't get too attached next time

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:56 pm »
Glad he has found a loving new home with some girls to call his own  :love:

onnyview

• Joined Dec 2009
    • onnyview free range produce
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:02 pm »
He looks gorgeous. Dd has taken a huge shine to fluffy sheep......and I confess so have I. :love:  Very glad you found Tomos a home and a good one at that.

Onnyview free range produce- Gloucestershire Old Spot pigs, Hill Radnor and Llanwenog sheep.

www.onnyview.moonfruit.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS