Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Off to Cornwall...  (Read 5107 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Off to Cornwall...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »
Back already  ;D

Fabulous weekend. Lots of Ice cream ( not Kellys but we've had that before and its fantastic!) pasties and fish and chips on the beach last night.

Highlight of whole break was a pod of common dolphins chose to swim and jump in the waves while the children were body boarding - they were about 10 inches from my daughters at one point. One woman screamed 'shark' but I'd already seen they were dolphins at that point so no panic  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 07:00:36 am »
Glad you had a nice time, that was a lot of driving for such a short break, is the herd ok?
are your friends still your friends ?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 09:29:09 am »
haha! yes they still love us  ;D  all went well with the various people checking on them and they've been spoilt with various cuttings and branches.
It was quite a long drive but we stop at places on the way down and way back to make them days out in their own right so it breaks it up.  Our trusty Disco decided to split its waterpump in Bridgewater but the AA had us back and on our way with a new one fitted within 2 hours. Dog, kids and I sunbathed happily while it was mended - turning all negatives into positives  :sunshine:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »
 :wave: , glad you had fun, we used to pop down to Cornwall all the time, sometimes I would drive down, then drive back late that night.....that was when we lived in Leicestershire..its way tooooo far from here... :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS