Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Selling your excess?  (Read 1551 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Selling your excess?
« on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:16 am »
Do any of you regularly sell your excess produce?

or do you actually produce excess for the purposes of selling?

how do you sell it - you have your own wee business? sell from the gate? sell to friends? do you ever go to a market with it? or sell to a commercial seller for them to retail?

I'm thinking about setting up a wee business from my gate - selling young chilli, pepper, toms, strawberry and rhubarb plants. Might do Sweetcorn and courgette plants too

but was wondering if there was an easy or informal market for folk to get together to sell their stuff - kinda like a car boot sale for fruit/veg/meat

do such things exist? or would it be a good idea for us to organise a produce car boot sale - at the very elast we could all get together from time to time for a chat/coffee and exchange yarns!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Selling your excess?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:26:57 pm »
We sell surplus eggs. I go back to my old office and another one on a Thursday. I'm going to take some beans tomorrow and some courgettes and sell them to - or try to. I did sell pepper and tomato plants earlier in the year but didn't grow them specifically.

I don't think I will grow to sell but am happy to sell some surplus.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS