Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rent/Borrow of Tup  (Read 2236 times)

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
Rent/Borrow of Tup
« on: August 26, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
Hi All.
Having only 10 ewes for breeding from this year we are on the lookout to either rent or borrow a Tup to do the business for our girls as we feel we can't really justify owning one for such a small number. We have Wiltshire Horns and the kind chap who normally helps us out has scaled back on his Wiltshires and so is unable to help us this year. 
Have seen the offspring of a Wiltshire cross Cheviot and we like the look of them and they seem to produce a decent carcass. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. We are located near to Peterhead in Aberdeenshire.
Many Thanks      Fishy

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Rent/Borrow of Tup
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:36 pm »
You could maybe borrow our new heb tup . Have a wee think and let me know if you are interested if so come over and have a look we are only in banff.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »
I think your surrounded by 'primatives'!! I'm outside mintlaw with a 2.5 year old registered Grey shetland - I'm sure he would like a holiday - but I realise he's not what you want
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:04:47 pm »
maybe you could put your ewes in with the neighbours for tupping?

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »
You would have been very welcome to bring your ewes here to be tupped by a Cheviot, but I think it is probably a bit far for you, unless you happen to be passing through the Scottish Borders.

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »
Thanks guys am having a good think about about things. Meanwhile anything Ii can help with in The Wiltshire Sheep world please say. Thanks again.

fishy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS