Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Re-homed pygmy boys out in the sun  (Read 2412 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re-homed pygmy boys out in the sun
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
Their first time out in the paddock - I can't see me catching them any time soon, so they could be living out there for a while - ok while the weather is fine.

They come to me, as you can see from the photos - but run away as soon as I try to put their leads on.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Re-homed pygmy boys out in the sun
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:40:40 am »
Aw they look so happy and settled!  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:51:49 am »
They look a delight to have around.  :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »
They've been very interested in the geese and the sheep. The chickens and dogs they already knew, from being in the yard.

Eric hasn't so far  :fc: stuck his head through the fence and got stuck, which is what he was famous for at his last home. Perhaps he heard I would tape dowels to his horns if he did, and he was worried the sheep would laugh at him  ;)

I'll go out later and see if they want to come in - they have to go on their leads to come into the byre though, as there's the ghyll to walk through and the garden - plenty of escaping places! If not, I've made them a nice deep straw bed in the shelter, so they should be fine, it's going to be a warm week  :sunshine:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »
 ;D  great pics, especially bottom right, like that.  Looks all fun and Heidi to me, enjoy your wee pests pets Jaykay  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:09:38 pm »
I'm enjoying them lots  ;D But you have it right GP, that photo the result of Eric having to see exactly what was going on  :D

I managed to get them in by cornering them in the sheep race to put on their leads.

ArcticFox

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:48 am »
I'm so pleased they are having a blast.  you have a fabulous set up for them.  I wish I'd known about the dowel on the horns trick as I would have tried it. Although I wouldn't have been able to offer them the goat paradise they have now.

I do miss them though, they are such characters and have permanent smiles.

x

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 10:34:00 am »
They are little sweethearts. Even Eric does 'freeform' stroking now, ie not when cornered or on his lead  ;D

The two kids this year have made firm friends with them and wriggle their way under the paddock gate to play  :) Tanne (naughtiest kid) had to wear a dowel last week - I could see that Eric and Frank were commiserating with her.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS