Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats for Sale  (Read 2311 times)

rossco

• Joined Aug 2013
Goats for Sale
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »
Hi there,

I am selling my herd of goats due to a career change and a move back up to Scotland. I initially bought 12 pedigree dairy goats with the intention of making cheese. I then realised that it wasn't going to happen straight away so i bought and bred with a 100% Boer with the intention of selling meat. My full time job hasn't let me devote enough time to do this. The following are for sale:

4 British Saanens (disbudded) (BGS registered)
1 Anglo Nubian (disbudded)  (BGS registered)
1 Toggenberg   (disbudded)  (BGS registered)
2 Anglo Nubian / Toggenberg Cross (disbudded)  (BGS registered)

5 Boer X doe goatlings
6 Boer X doe kids (3 are registered with the BBGS)
7 Boer X wethers

Over the past two years i have got very close to them, but cannot give them the time and attention they deserve. I would love them to go to a good home and that really is more important than money to me. CPH required. Please get in touch with my email if you'd like photos of them or anymore information. I am based in Nottinghamshire

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
Re: Goats for Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:43:17 pm »
shame ur that far away we are looking for a couple to join us. hope they find good homes thou
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »
Are you looking for all of them to go to the same home or are you happy to split them ? Cheers verdi

rossco

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:14:58 pm »
Hi Verdi,
They can be split as long as they are not on their own.
Cheers,
Ross

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:56:36 pm »
 We have 3 saanans but are looking to increse our milk output I'd also  be very interested to here what the buisness plan was that you intented following. Cheers verdi

rossco

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »
I used to make goats cheese for a lady in Somerset, before that i sold cheese up in Scotland. The plan was to move back up to Scotland to make goats cheese, with the goats i bought from another cheesemaker in Somerset, that's as far as the plan got unfortunately. I paid quite a bit for the goats initially but i wanted to start the herd with pedigree stock.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS