Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Missing Goose  (Read 11023 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Missing Goose
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:15 pm »
What do they do?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 09:32:48 pm »
What do they do?

Annie, this is the gumff that goes with the Foxwatch;

Concept Research Foxwatch Fox Deterrent

larger image £53.78
 £37.67

1 Unit = £38.49
2 Units = £37.49 PerUnit
3 Units = £36.49 Per Unit
4 Units = £32.99 Per Unit
Motion sensor detects movement in the protected area. The unit triggers a 10 second ultrasonic burst, which will repeat untill the fox leaves the protected area. A red light behind the lens indicates that the Foxwatch unit has been triggered.

Unlike many pest deterrents that operate continuously Foxwatch waits for the animal to enter the protected area. Interanl sensor detects the crossing of a warm body in the field view. Powerful ultrasonic sound burst startles the animal. The fox learns that he or she is causing the unpleasant occurrence to happen every time the fox goes into the protected area and therefore stays away. The fox willl avoid the protected area.

Detection area;

Repelled by ultrasound alarm up to a distance of 60ft away. Range angle of 100º it will detect any movement and body heat within a radius fo 40ft. One unit helps to protect up to 1350sq.ft. (125sq.m)

Keep your family and home safe from the 5 'D- word' problems caused by foxes
They may look cute and playful but foxes, just like rats, are invasive vermin who will fearlessly 'home' in on any environment providing a rich food source with the following consequences -

DESTRUCTION
Every year foxes commit untold damage to thousands of homes and gardens not only by fouling and digging up bulbs and vegetables but by building their earths in and around sheds, cellars, decking, drains and houses or even drains or lofts. Given an open window or doorway they will brazenly steal not just food but any item that takes their eye including clothes and children's toys.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:04 pm »
Sounds very useful and inexpensive.  Hope it solves your problem.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 09:21:48 am »
Sounds great idea, hope you don't have to keep getting up and down at night though. We had a burgler alarm fitted (in another house) and it kept going off so we turned it off, when we were on holiday it was going off, my brother in law lived near and kept an eye on the house so went around the building with a big pice of wood only to bump into our neighbour comming around the other way, checking too!!!!  :D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 10:06:12 am »
Sandy the noise these machines makes is not heard by us humans. I checked before I bought that it is safe for the ducks, geese, ponies, goats, dogs and rabbit and was assured that it was. So there is no disturbance, hopefully only a fox free area. I did laugh on the pamphlet that accompanies each machine it says "warning, these machines are ineffective to deaf fox" ha ha ha.

sandy

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 10:58:34 am »
fingrs crossed you fox is not hard of hearing ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 10:46:56 am »
Both geese have now been enjoying their freedom and access to the river for a few days now and funnily enough it is the new one that comes home much more than the old one. Both wee buggers stayed out all night last night which I don't like but can't do anything when they are on the river. They have reported in this morning though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS