Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Two suffolk cross mule ewe lambs  (Read 2026 times)

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Two suffolk cross mule ewe lambs
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:38 pm »
I have two suffolk cross mule ewe lambs I really need to sell.

Unfortunately they have lost alot of condition as my grazing is rubbish and I havnt creep fed anything as my shetland cross lambs have never needed it and I assumed other breed lambs would be the same :(

I wanted to keep them and they are such lovely ewe lambs but I cannot split them from the other lambs and theres no way Im feeding the shetland cross lambs otherwise they will go fat.

Just goes to show that they needed a little TLC and maybe should have been creep fed or something, not just grazing.

Willing to accept around £100 for the pair of ewe lambs as they arent meaty enough for the freezer, they need a bit of feeding.

I am located on the A33 in between Basingstoke and Reading, would be best if they are collected but can deliver around an hour away as soon as I can drive again (just had tonsils out :( )

Or depending on location can deliver to wiltshire/cirencester route as I am passing this coming weekend

Thanks

Jess

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Re: Two suffolk cross mule ewe lambs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:35:18 am »
Hi Jess - how's Paddy?

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:48:41 am »
Hi there  :wave:

He is brilliant thanks, he is slowly pushing his way to the top of the rams pecking order! such a great chap
the other day when we went to go and say hello, the gate had swung open (well hurdle really) and he was just lying across the entrance chewing the cud lol!

We are actually moving in the next month or so, so he will be closer to where he came from! he is going to be living just outside Cirencester near Stroud!

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:03 am »
That's brilliant - he sounds very happy.  Cirencester/Stroud is a lovely place and like you say, just up the road really from his old home!  Another of the ram lambs is on his way to his new home this evening and another on Friday, so I am so pleased that I have managed to find good homes for them.  I am looking forward to hearing how his offspring turn out next year  :excited:   Good luck with the move!

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:55:51 am »
Thats great that they are going off to new homes :)

We moved the rams to a new paddock last night, will try and get a photo of the boys this evening to show you :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS