Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: gumtree ad for collie  (Read 2943 times)

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
gumtree ad for collie
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »
 :thinking:  Saw this ad on Gumtree in Falkirk..not suitable for me but I wondered if  anyone else would be interested, looks like a nice fella.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/free-to-good-home/1028080511

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: gumtree ad for collie
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:50 am »
Oh he's still a baby  :(  I hope he finds a good home, he looks and sounds lovely. I wish they'd put a price on him though, I get so worried about where 'free to good home' dogs may end up with the illegal dog fight rings
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:34:21 am »
For info there's also an ad up in our local shop for a young male collie, says hes very friendly, looking for a good pet or farm home. Looks about a year old. free to the right home. This is Aboyne area. Black and white and not really long haired.

I can't take him as I've just taken on two lovely collie girls (and have two other dogs!)

Let me know by PM if anyone would like the Contact number and I'll get it scribbled down when im down next (tomorrow earliest)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:56:10 am »
I am not allowed to post on Gumtree as I have had more than one litter, it appears there is a way around it but no need and I am not that keen as people on there may just see a cute dog and say "what the heck"

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »
I have passed this onto a group of people who 'rescue' dogs advertised for free on Gumtree and Preloved - they have contacted the owner and hoping to take the dog and rehome properly.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:25:55 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:40:51 pm »
Most Breed rescues check Gumtree and the other dog sites regularly as 'free to good home' and 'cheap for quick sale' are what dog fighting groups and puppy farmers are on the lookout for .
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 03:45:00 pm »
Most Breed rescues check Gumtree and the other dog sites regularly as 'free to good home' and 'cheap for quick sale' are what dog fighting groups and puppy farmers are on the lookout for .

This group particularly targets collies advertised as free on these sites and has a network of people all over that can get the dogs to safety quickly.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 05:09:34 pm »
Good stuff, Brittanys have been known to come up on Gumtree and Epupz etc and we have Area reps checking them  weekly.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »
Could any of you lovely folks fill me in on the details as our internet is down and find gumtree almost imposible to work out on my BB phone

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »
Nice to see that the dog will be re-homed properly and assessed for the right home. He looked like a really nice dog.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS