Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Older cat  (Read 8142 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Older cat
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »
Oh no, sorry you're ill, and I hope you're better soon. Milly's isn't an emergency, you just concentrate on getting better  :-*

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:51 am »
Sending  :hug: and  :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

Get well soon Fleecewife  :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 01:13:29 am »
Thank you  :)   I'm tired but still in one piece  :thumbsup:  and hoping I'll make it to the smallholders show after all  :fc:  and Simon's on Sat.

Having been concerned with other things for a few days, when I looked at Milly today before making her vet appointment, I realised she's looking fine now.  Her coat is glossy again and she is full of smiles.  I'm thinking that perhaps she had picked up a hefty dose of worms from her wild diet and was simply taking longer to recover from being wormed than normal.  I didn't see any evidence of worms before I dosed her last time but because she eats so many wild things I dose her very regularly anyway.

I will be keeping a close watch on her, and will ask the vet if she has any ideas about trying a different wormer.

So hopefully she doesn't have any nasty illnesses, just a slow recovery after her wormer  :cat:

Thank you all so much for your advice and info - it has all really helped.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:22 am »
That's good news all round  :thumbsup:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:43 pm »
I took my Tabitha to the vets this morning, she is either 16 or 17, I cant quite remember. She has lost a lot of weight lately and is very vocal, plus she is acting like a kitten again, going out all the time, climbing all over the furniture and eating me out of house and home! She has had a blood test which has shown that she too has an overactive thyroid. Unfortunately, it has caused a little bit of damage to her kidneys, so tomorrow, we have to go back to discuss the treatment. Im hoping that we have caught it quickly enough so that the damage doesn't get any worse. In all other ways, the vet says that she is in perfect health, so hopefully that will stand her in good stead.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 06:58:49 pm »
Good news, no treatment needed for Tabby's kidneys, she is going onto tablets for her thyroid and will have another blood test in 3 weeks to check that the dosage is correct. Relief all round!!! :relief: :relief: :relief:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »
Excellent news Mary  :cat: :thumbsup:  It's such a worry isn't it when pets are ill.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:01 am »
Tabby is responding well to the tablets, she seems to have calmed down quite a bit and is much less vocal. She is still eating well, but not always pestering me for food, so that's another good sign. She is still very nimble and quick on her feet, so hopefully that will continue. I just want her to start putting on  a bit of weight now as her back is still very bony!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS