Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: raspberry cordial?  (Read 2464 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
raspberry cordial?
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:20:17 pm »
I was all set for making elderflower cordial this year, except I didn't have citric acid, so I went and got some and was all set , and realised I'd no muslin to strain it, so a friend posted me some and I was ready..  and the storms came and washed off all the remaining flowers so I'll have a load of elderberries later on but no flower cordial ::)

Anyway, I have the ingredients including lemons, and was thinking of picking the second crop of nettles now appearing after I finished dealing with the first..

But today I picked a bowl of wild rasps on the lane and they were a bit ripe to keep so I shoved them (washed first) in the freezer til I could think what to do.. and wondered if anyone has quantities for a relatively small batch of raspberry cordial?  Failing that I've some cooking apples coming off in the wind so will make a berry and apple crumble, but I saved the bottles, bought the CA and have the muslin, lemons, sugar..

I don't have winemaking equipment, poppers, demijohns and all that, so has to be simple just need to know how much fruit to how much sugar etc.. and a recipe if it's not the same as elderflower or nettle :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: raspberry cordial?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »
All I did for my blackcurrants was use the same quantities as for Jam but with a bit less sugar and a bit more water - bring berries and water to boil, turn down to a simmer for 5 minutes, then add sugar, stir to dissolve.  Bring back to simmer for  five minutes, take off heat, strain and bottle.  Small quantities can be kept in the fridge, larger ones in plastic bottles or boxes in the freezer, or even ice cube containers?   It is yummy!  :excited:  I'll bring some next time I'm over.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS