Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: missing dog  (Read 7311 times)

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
missing dog
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:34:54 pm »
 :'( I can't believe what an absolutely crap time I'm having at the mo..having lost a dog on the road a few weeks ago to now just losing one.  OH took the half trained dog out to gather some sheep on thurs night, he's nervous around sheep til they're bunched but when there's 2 people you can keep him motivated.  it was too late for me to go as sprog was going to bed so they headed off alone.  within 20 mins the dog had run off!!  he is around port of menteith in stirlingshire with the national park to now wander in..i'm devastated, i've contacted the forestry, park rangers, police, put posters up, put notices in shops but don't know what else to ..there are miles of tracks!!  :-(   he's a black collie with white bib and white socks, 5 years old but looks older, wirey coat, called spot  :'( :'(

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: missing dog
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »
I hope you find him soon
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »
Have you posted on www.doglost.co.uk

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:50:35 pm »
So sorry to read this. Hope he is found soon   :fc:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »
Why not try facebook too, that covers loads of areas....bless...I feel for you soooooo very much, its both a worry and heartbreaking....I bet he will turn up though......and then you will be tempted but not tell him off...do hope I am right :bouquet:

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:32:51 pm »
Have you posted on www.doglost.co.uk

Thanks didn't know about that one..have used lostdogscentralscotland and help2rehome .  Turns out there's a high fence at the back of the house that was in the direction where the dog ran but the people said they didn't see him when i called them on the night and there's a duck run at their house made from the cattle pins i had go missing a few weeks ago..i'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach but i hope i'm wrong and there's not a lovely little homesick dog shut in a shed!  >:(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:41:22 pm »
 :thumbsup: many thanks doganjo.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »
I just happened to be looking at them just now - you're welcome - hope you find him soon. :fc:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »
I know how upsetting it is - we lost our dog on the malvern hills some months back. I was distraught

Hopefully someone kind will find your collie and he will be traced by his/her chip or tag. We are so lucky that this happened with us.  :fc:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »
Somebody lost their dog in the highlands not long a go - on top of one of the Munros - 3 days later someone found him - behind a wire fence that he couldn't get through - a very lucky dog and owner.

Lots of posters put up in your area is good too - and don't worry if they get taken down - just keep putting them back up till he's found.

And don't lose heart - a friend of mine has been looking for her GSP since 6tth December - we reckon she was taken for breeding, so her pups may turn up soon - she's been due in season. We'll never stop searching.

Others have turned up days, weeks, months and even years later - I'm sure he'll appear soon.

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »
Thanks so much everyone..think it's just hard as I think he might be up a hill and he's a dopey plod along kind of fella and he belongs to my daughter so she's a bit distraught. :-( If I find out that someone has him in a shed it will be the police that will be called as the pain they will have unduly caused is immeasurabl. Unbelivably i have had this happen before in a different place and different dog..some people are warped.  :rant:

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 08:39:09 am »
Worth speaking to your postie to see if he'll ask around for you. Will Bandeath dog shelter cover your area, you can always give them a ring.

Hope Spot turns up today.

AnnS

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:53 am »
AnnS..postie alerted the next day and yes Bandeath is in my area and have been alerted as well as Forestry Commission, National Park Rangers, Police, Dog Warden, SPCA etc  :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 09:47:53 am »
Not yet added to any of these Facebook pages I listed . :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS