Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: suicidal mole?  (Read 1228 times)

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
suicidal mole?
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »
Can anyone offer any explanation?  I came home and one of the setters had been sick in his kennel and there on the floor was a dead mole.  He definitely didn't have it when I put him in there! And I doubt he'd regurgitated it! So would it have wandered in by mistake?  (big mistake - that dog has a history of killing  ::) )   Do they taste nasty and might make him sick?  ( he has a sensitive tummy).  He seems very fine and bright in himself and has eaten his tea.  I'm just curious.
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: suicidal mole?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:47:50 am »
One of our chicken pens has a run with a wire roof. The other day we found a dead mole on the wire roof.
Can only assume that a bird of prey or the like had dropped it there!!!

Could the mole have been dropped in there and doggy had been messing with it????

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: suicidal mole?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:06 pm »
oo - never thought of that ITH - there is a roof on the kennels but if it was dropped just outside he has very long legs and could have dragged it in.  OH is very pleased that he has one less mole :-)
My sons land is near a driving range and gets loads of golf balls dropped by birds on his land!
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS