Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Really good You Tube video on pruning/trianing cucumbers onto a trellis  (Read 2100 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
How to Prune Your Cucumber Plant

This little video explains really well what bits to take out from a cucumber to grow it straight up a trellis.

This is my third year with cucumbers and I learn something new every time  ;D ;D
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
I didn't know you could prune cucumbers. I've always let mine take over  :innocent:
 I going to be having a go at that  :excited:
 Do you think you get more fruit by pruning? As its more focused and not trying to take over the world  :-J  ( or at least the green house/polytunnel )

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
I think it's 50:50 because the cucumbers that do form have a chance to grow and develop.

In the past, my plants got so crowded that a lot of the baby cukes "died at birth"........ so I expect a bit of pruning means you get the same amount of cukes because they all develop well.

I have done all mine and they look so much better. More space to stretch out and less room for things getting all fetid underneath :-)
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

mwncigirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Brilliant thanks, this is my first year of growing cucumbers, sounds like a really handy tip! Great video.  :)
Come find us on Facebook, Williams Poultry  :-)

Connor

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Northern Ireland
  • Like us on Facbook@ Maddens Poultry
    • Maddens Poultry
    • Facebook
Looks like a good video
Maddens Poultry- Breed Black and gold silkies Like us on facebook
Maddens plants- Sell veg transplants Find us on facebook!

Contact me if your interested in veg transplants for your veg  patch!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS