Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dumped goat!  (Read 2336 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Dumped goat!
« on: July 25, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »
Would you believe it someone has dumped a Pygmy Billy in a field just up the road from me. I have a feeling that it was meant for me but as all my gates are padlocked they wouldn't get in.
Have tried to catch him but he just runs away ,he isn't tagged and is in with the farmers sheep so may have to wait and be rounded up with them but if anyone has lost an untagged billy he is in Reston.
Anne

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Dumped goat!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:24:11 pm »
 ;D I know I have been grumbling Bobby making a racket, but I have not dumped him, honest!!  He is grazing quietly at the moment, but for how long I do not know.

Its my worst nightmare to arrive at the farm to find someone has kindly left me a present of their unwanted animals!!!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »
Get him a passport and send him over to Auntie Mary. Billy and Toby would love a little friend to play with! I HATE to hear of animals being dumped, that's why Ive now got 4 cats!! Poor little fella I bet he's all lonely and frightened. People who abandon animals should be horsewhipped...in public, in stocks, with squashy tomatoes and rotting cabbages being thrown at them. And that's just for starters.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:31:26 pm »
No matter how much a problem an animals becomes I just couldn't dump them. It isn't fair on the animals or those who have to pick up the pieces. Still the people who do these sorts of things don't care about any of that.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »
Poor love. Good luck with catching him and finding him a more caring home. What arses some people are. I've just driven to and from a friend's house spotting three skinny horses on the way on a sparsley grassed field with MASSES of ragwort in it. I hope they won't be hungry enough to eat it and I'm wondering about whether I should report it and to whom.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »
Probably not the RSPCA judging by things I've read on here. Isn't there a society for the protection of horse?

People who abandon animals should be horsewhipped...in public, in stocks, with squashy tomatoes and rotting cabbages being thrown at them. And that's just for starters.

Remiond me never to upset you, Mary.  :innocent:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »
Well it looks like little billy goat may have landed on his feet, farmer has reported him to the police in case he is genuinely lost but if not claimed he is quite happy to have him stay. He is in a field with sheep with no shelter so farmer is going to put a trailer out for him to shelter under out of the rain and will round him up in a few days with the sheep when he will go into a field with the tups which has a shelter. If he settles ok I will have to work on them together him a companion   :innocent: :goat:
Anne

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 09:11:21 pm »
Good for the farmer - there's definitely some gems amongst the bad folk  ;D

Yep, the little man will need wethering and then there's bound to be another little wether somewhere to keep him company.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »
That's good news, Daisy's mum.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:46:50 pm »
Whoo hoo!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS