Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - hatching eggs for posting today  (Read 3719 times)

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Wanted - hatching eggs for posting today
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:06:18 am »
I already have 1 broody hen sat a bunch of my own cross breed eggs and now another has caught the broody bug too. I would like to let her sit, but don't really want to hatch more crosses so am looking for some pure breed eggs. Must be large fowl. The catch is that they need to be posted today in order to avoid the sunday post office shutdown and so that she is not sitting for quite a bit longer than she needs to. I also have an incubator so can buy 12 to make it worth your while and any that don't fit under her can go in there.
I am bogged down with wedding preparations (just over a week to go!) so don't have time to go galavanting around the country collecting eggs. They sure do pick their moments  ::)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: Wanted - hatching eggs for posting today
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:25:38 am »
Nic where are you based
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:30:22 am »
I am in north east Fife, near Wormit/Newport on Tay

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:35:01 am »
Lots of eggs for sale at poultry sale tonight in Forfar. Catalogue is online. See lawrie & symington
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »
Lots of eggs for sale at poultry sale tonight in Forfar. Catalogue is online. See lawrie & symington

I know, would love to go that, but I don't have time.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:39:30 pm »
I would love an excuse to go!!

Is there anything you fancy and I could bid for you. I am going to ninewells tomorrow I could meet you or someone close to bridge in Dundee tomorrowafternoon

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »
That would be fantastic, thank you so much!
There are so many on there, it's difficult to choose, so I will give you a list in order of preference. I can take a maximum of 18 eggs. Not willing to pay more than £10 per 1/2 dozen.
1. Blue laced Wyandotte provided they are large fowl. It doesn't say, but hopefully you will be able to tell by the size of the eggs.
2. Cream legbar (crested or non)
3. Welsummers (if the eggs are a decent shade of brown)
4. Maran (same about the colour)
5. Black orpington
6. Chocolate Orpington
Failing all of those, I will take anything that is a large fowl chicken and not a silkie.
Will pm you to arrange collection point etc.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS