Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: mains energisers  (Read 4031 times)

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
Re: mains energisers
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »
Hi, it must be something to do with electro magnetic forces,be interesting to find out more.Did it state a specific distance.

Graham.
Graham.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 05:09:19 pm »
http://www.rutland-electric-fencing.co.uk/PageEarthingTipsAndAdvise.aspx

this was similar to what was on the box of mine, but im sure it said not within * metres of the main fusebox.
iv no idea really.

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »
We have set up one set of netting for the ducks. You can hear it pulsing quite scary! Have to remember to turn off at the isolator before climbing over in the morning!
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 09:12:34 pm »
Hi,scary to you,lets hope its terrifying to Mr.Fox.

Graham.
Graham.

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
Hope so Graham, but have just spent 10 mins catching them and putting them to bed, New routine they will hopefully get used to putting themselves to bed in time.

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
My ducks never want to go to bed I have to chase them in with a torch every night.Luckily a few flashes of the torch sends them running.

Graham.
Graham.

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »
Hotline make decent fences. We got ours off regency poultry. I've never tried a mains energizer although my Hotline one has both options. Agree with above about earthing. It makes a huge difference. I struggled for ages to get a good spark on the fence and assumed it was down to shorting etc. I bought a couple new earth spikes, joined them up and drove them in really deep and it totally transformed the performance. It even kills the growing grass now so that's helpful too.

Another tip in really dry spells is to pour a can of water into the soil around the earths as this will make a better contact.

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
We got ours from Country store Direct the chap was very helpful. Ours seems to be working fine. The lodging sheep give it a wide birth! Our earth is in the shade but did have to use water to start with. The ducks are going to bed themselves now I just go out at 9.30 -10pm and drop the door down.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS