Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is it worth it????  (Read 4562 times)

sandy

Is it worth it????
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:17:58 pm »
I have 2 apple trees (still babbies) a pear tree, 2 Blue berry shrubs and several strawberry plants yet get loads and loads of free fruit when I take the dogs out...Bilberries, Raspberries, Strawberries and Brambles, my freezer still has some from last year....I may just have flowers!!!!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
Re: Is it worth it????
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:00:50 pm »
God...just think of all the smoothies you could make!

Farmer :yum:
 :farmer:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:13:13 am »
CSSA must get on with the fruit press idea!

sandy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:17:56 am »
Good idea but what I meant was I only get a tiny bit of fruit from my garden and loads and loads from the wild!!!! Hope when my fruit trees get bigger they produce enough for the press!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:18 am »
that because the wild fruit has adapted to it's surroundings(been a plant in the area for a long time), yours have yet to be astablished , fruit tree love well rooted manure (you need to start collecting you chicken poo then once it is read feed it to the fruit bushes / tree

Linz

sandy

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:56 am »
I clean out the Duck pond about once a week and water the fruit trees etc with the water I pump out, not sure about the poo, I will have a go at getting it out of the stones ;) Hope you are wll fluffy and bump :D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:59 am »
yeah all well,

Just getting annoyed with members of my extended family as you know !!.

Am on the count down of 8 weeks to go now and getting totally fed up with it all and people attitudes
(sorry highjack the thread a wee bit)

sandy

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 11:53:22 am »
WHat do you mean? We are your family :) Look after yourself, leave them to squabble, turn off your ears if you can!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 01:42:02 pm »
Where do you get all this fruit, Sandy, I'll have to come out with you sometime  - I've looked everywhere and I can't find any - mind you I have to keep the ten eyes in the back of my head trained on my dogs when I'm out with them so only have the front ones to look, and even then I often need them for the dogs too! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 02:00:21 pm »
Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Lidi, Audi, Morrisons..... ;)No, Dunfirmlin train line and the disused road, Gartarry Woods, Tulligarth Mill, Peppermill Dam, Devilla Forest, Kennet Woods etc etc, we also got loads of wild garlic from Black Devon Woods in Clackmannan, a lot of other places have fruit etc but as Ben is a bit young, I don't trust him either so only go with my OH now.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 03:13:59 pm »
OK, so no dogs and I'll come with you and Steve next time - I can't take any of mine to those places you've mentioned except the Dam as they'd be on the roads - you've seen the speed they go at lol  ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS