Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fox vs electric fence - moel 1 Fox 0 for now.....  (Read 1758 times)

Moel

• Joined Jul 2013
Fox vs electric fence - moel 1 Fox 0 for now.....
« on: July 20, 2013, 12:00:44 am »
Dog went crazy tonight while I was tidying up outside about 1030ish, ran next door and would not stop barking at the hedgerow behind their chicken run, this usually means a badger and while she was just stood there barking I let her get on with it.

30 minutes later she is still at it, will sit/stay but will not come back, so go and pick her up, while I'm carrying her down the track theire is an almighty yelp/scream from the back of the 1/3rd of an acre which we have a 5 wire fence round for the birdd to free range in (they where all safely tucked in by this point).

Fox bursts out into the field and still screaming runs about 200m to the brow of the field, Pauses once at the brow where it's eyes light up with my torch, then off like a rocket again, seems quite bold given the amount of barking that had been going on, but at least the fence worked and was gratifying to see/hear the foxes response ........ I hope it work next time as well......

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Fox vs electric fence - moel 1 Fox 0 for now.....
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:38:17 am »
Glad the leccy worked but next time listen to your best buddy  ;)  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS